Sunday, 7 October 2012

Latex Latex Latex

        Ever since assignment 1 was posted, all i have been hearing are "Are you going to use LaTex?" I started to get curious after many mentions of the software LaTex. Is it really that much better than other software at writing assignments? Does LaTex actually produce math symbols faster? I have been using Microsoft Word for the CSC165 assignments and have been quite satisfied with it. The auto-correct function allows me to write math symbols at a very efficient pace. For example, if I wanted the forall symbol i would simply need to type /fa(the way I configured it). Do i really want to invest time into learning LaTex?

         Since I didn't know much about LaTeX, I decided to consult my good buddy google. A few articles later I realized that learning LaTeX would probably take a decent amount of time. The difference of LaTeX and word was not too great in terms of doing a simple assignment. With the assignment almost due, using LaTeX to do Assignment 1 would probably not be a good idea. LaTeX will have to wait a little while longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment